Thursday, June 9, 2016

Legalism, License or Grace?


Originally written in December of 2011.

In a few months I will be teaching at the 10th Annual Pastor's Conference in Lugoj Romania. The theme this year is Living in Grace. As I have been preparing the talks, one statement I have used over and over is this:

"It is easier to walk in rules than it is to live in grace." 

It is my prayer and hope that we all not only learn to live in grace but teach others to do so also. Here are a few questions to get us started.

1. What will walking in grace demand of you that legalism forbids?

2. What will walking in grace demand of you that license permits?

Rather than give you the answers, I challenge you to look at the gospels and Jesus' life carefully to answer these questions for yourself.  

Post comments as to what you are learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment