Thursday, January 21, 2016

BELIEVE


And he [Abram / Abraham] believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness. (Genesis 15:6)
The New King James Version. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 1982.

This statement is given right after God had assured Abram of His promise to bless him with an heir. It is also right before God changed his name from Abram to Abraham. This statement is also repeated in the New Testament. (Romans 4:3, 22; Galatians 3:6; James 2:23)

This statement is the clear indication of faith - believing God. Let that settle. Believing God.

It is more than believing what He said; it is more than what He has or will do. It is believing HIM!

When I believe God, I seek Him. I desire His words and ways. I long to please Him and to relate to Him. Believing is seen in my behavior, my attitude, and my outlook, and it is demonstrated in my values and worship.

So, be like Abraham - believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment