Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2016


2016. Two, OH, one six. Two, ZERO, one six.

Speaking linguistically and not numerically, there is a lot of difference between OH and ZERO. Oh has a sense of amazement; zero has a sense of loss. Such should be 2016: a time of amazement and loss. The Bible states it this way from the life of a dynamic disciple, Paul:

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:12-14)
The New King James Version. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1982.

My desire for 2016 is to live this goal out. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment