Thursday, July 7, 2016

God Answers Prayers

1st Thessalonians 5: 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
 The New King James Version. (1982). (1 Th 5:16–18). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.


I had 3 prayers answered in the last week. One was a month long issue related to finances.  Another was 6 month issue related to relationships. Finally, there was one that was almost 2 years related to strategic planning.

Now I'm certain I had many more answered, but the timing of the three caused me to ponder the power of answered prayer. God's timing is not ours. To be honest, too often you and I are really impatient. I read of Abraham's prayer and faith and recognize that God took 25 years to answer one and I am prone to give up way too soon. But God is gracious and He does answer prayers.  I needed t be reminded of this. God answered in a single day 3 different prayers of three different time spans. I was blown away and blessed amazingly and reminded once again to keep depending on God, keep leaning into him and to praying until He answers.

So be encouraged, the same God who answered my prayers, will answer yours. Rejoice, pray, endure, give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment