Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Quotes and Musings


"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
- ML King, Jr.

"Sin makes you stupid. When the heart is not right, the mind goes astray as well."
- Dr. Danny Akin

I've been thinking about how to become better at giving encouraging words. I know that those closest to me don't get a big enough diet of these things, because they get the diet of living in the mess we're in called life. Perhaps even those in my bigger concentric circle don't get enough, either. I desire to be a person whose words, even when couched in the frustrations and discouragements of life, can offer the beautiful smile of God with hopefulness, despite sinfulness.


Baptists believe in religious liberty for themselves. But they believe
in it equally for all. 

- E.Y. Mullins

No comments:

Post a Comment