Thursday, March 31, 2016

Quotes and Musings


"The church does not need brilliant personalities but faithful servants of Jesus and the brethren."
-Bonhoeffer, in Life Together

I have been thinking on the meaning and implications of "believe/belief." I am convinced that we act on what we believe and that when we fail to act, we demonstrate our unbelief. So I have been asking God to help me believe and to help others believe, too. The problem with looking intently at this subject is that you can see so many who don't believe...

"I do not believe there is a problem in this country or the world today which could not be settled if approached through the teaching of the Sermon on the Mount."
- Harry S Truman

"Be Decisive! Right or wrong, the road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision."
- Unknown

"But our God is in heaven; He does whatever He pleases."
- Psalm 115:3 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment