Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Do I Trust God?


Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him ... (Job 13:15)
The New King James Version. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, 1982.

The man Job went though the refiner's fire like no other in recorded history. Just a cursory reading of the first few chapters of the book of Job can cause great empathy for this man. What I find intriguing is his simple statement "though HE slay me, yet will I trust Him." This implicit faith is an enigma to me in many ways, yet it draws me, inspires me, and calls me to come pursue this type of real trust.

In 2003, I asked God to show me this depth of pure faith. He answered my prayer with trails - many of them. Today, 13 years later, I can say that my trust for God has grown and that my confidence in His goodness has multiplied time and again. I have seen several dark nights of the soul … I have also seen the Lord!

God's unfailing love, His many mercies, His amazing grace, and His active hand have caused me to delight even more in Who HE IS! I am more captivated by Him today than merely by the faith of Job. Indeed, He alone deserves my absolute trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment